- June 25, 2016
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Honorable Members
Name : Dr. TunLwin
Position : CEO
Department : Myanmar Climate Change Watch, Myanmar Climate
- Date of Birth : 17 January 1948
- Father’s name : U TheinMaung
- Affiliation : Department of Meteorology and Hydrology, Myanmar Ministry of Transport
- Position : Director-General & PR of Myanmar with WMO (Retired)
- Date of entry ; May 1965
- Service : > 44 years (Retired on 29 May 2009)
- Marital Status : Married
- Wife : Daw Mu Mu Than
- Daughters : Dr. Myat Su TunLwin (Medical Officer, School Health team, Yankin Township, Ministry of Health)
- Ma Swan Ye TunLwin ( 3rd Year Secondary, Raffle’s Girl School, Singapore)
- Son : Mg ZweMarnTunLwin (Diploma in IT, Temasak Poly
- Technics, Singapore)
- Address : No.6/1, Thanthumar Street, 24th Quarter, Thuwunna, Yanngon, Myanmar
- Phone : Res : +(95-1)-560938/561947
- Mobile: +(95-9)-50-99920
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Study field : Meteorology/ Hydrology/ Natural Disasters/ Environmental Science/ Climate Change Studies
- Climate Adaptation, Mitigation and Vulnerabilty Assessment Model Development on Climate Scenario Formulation
- Current Activities
Member, Publication Collaboration (Edited Book on Forms of Community Participation in DRM), ICHARM/PWRI Tsukuba Science City, Japan
Chairman, RIMES(Regional Integrated Multi-hazard Early Warning System)
Member, APN (Asia and Pacific Network), Research Group on Extreme Events
Outstanding Student in Mathematics, Gold Medal Award, 1964
Outstanding Student in Physics, Certificate, MASU, 1971
Award for National Peace and Development (29-5-1990)
Award for National Outstanding Government Service for (4-1-1995)
National Award for Peace, Law and Order Restoration(4-1-1995)
National Award for Outstanding Government Service (4-1-1996)
National Award for Industrial Economy Science, Second Grade, (4-1-2003)
First Literary Prize of “ThutaSyweson” for the category on Knowledgeable Science for 2008
Winner of the ” SayaKha Memorial Award” for the best physics Ph.D. dissertation award for 2008.
Winner of the Myanmar Academy of Arts and Science’s Best Science Doctoral Dissertations Research Report Award for 2008.
- Seminars : Abroad > 85 times
Domestic > 400 times
Publications Books 4
Research Papers 90
Some selected Publications
Maung, Ohn and TunLwin, 1967; “ The Stage Correlation Method of Flood Forecasting for Khamti and Monywa”
Lwin, T, 1984; “ The twenty six years Cycle in the Flood Events in Pyay”
3. Lwin T 1986; “The numerical classification of climate of Myanmar” Paper presented at the paper reading session in Yangon, February, 24 pp
4. Lwin T, DawKhin Cho Cho Shein2 2006; “ Climate Change in Myanmar during the last five decades”.
5. Lwin T 2006; “ The Impacts of El-Nino and La-Nina events
on the Climate of Myanmar “.
6. LwinT ,KyawLwin Oo2 2006: “ The Inter-annual variations in the Monsoon Climatology of Myanmar and its perspectives “
7. Lwin1 T , Zin Aung, 2006;
“ The Indian Ocean Tsunami of 26 December 2004 – Myanmar Experiences”
8. Lwin1 T, NyeinNyein Moe2, 2006; “ Storm Surge Prediction in Myanmar: Operational and Post Storm Field Survey Perspectives “.
9. Lwin1 T, Lei Lei Aung2 and Than Naing3 2006; “ The Volcanic Ash Eruption in Barren Island ”, Departmental Paper
10. Lwin1 T and Aung Than2 2006; “ The Substantial Increased Earthquake Activities in Myanmar and Its perspectives “.
11. Lwin1 T, KyawLwin Oo2 and Than Naing 2006; “ The Indian Ocean Tsunami of; The Changes in the Climatology of the Bay Storms “, Departmental Paper
12. Lwin T, Dr. Win Swe and Dr. San Hla Thaw3 2006; “ The Volcanic Ash Eruption in Barren Island “., PACON Paper Reading Seminar, Yangon.
13. Lwin1 T, Aung Than2 , 2006;
“ The Substantial Increased Earthquake Activities in Myanmar and Its perspectives :. PACON Paper Reading Seminar, Yangon.
14. Lwin1 T, KyawLwin Oo2 and Than Naing 2006; “ The Indian Ocean Tsunami of 2004 and its impacts on the climate of Myanmar “.PACON Paper Reading Seminar, Yangon.
15. Myanmar Climate Change Performance Assessment Report, 2009. ( Processing for publication)